Stay Safe East is a user-led organisation of disabled people. We work to tackle violence and abuse against disabled and Deaf people, including:
Domestic violence by partners, family members, or by paid or unpaid carers
Disability and other hate crime
Bullying, anti-social behaviour and harassment
Human rights abuses in residential care or supported housing
Telephone: 0208 519 7241
SMS Text: 07587 134 122
Open 9.00 a.m – 6.00 p.m
If you are in danger, always ring the police on 999
If you are deaf or without speech, you can contact 999 by SMS text. To register, text ‘Register’ to 999. When you get a reply, follow the instructions.
Stay Safe East’s Objectives:
- To support disabled and deaf people who experience or have experienced violence, abuse, hate crime, bullying, anti-social behaviour, sexual or domestic violence.
- To ensure that disabled and deaf people get the justice they deserve.
- To provide an independent, accessible, third party reporting site for hate crime and domestic violence.
- To inform disabled and Deaf people of their rights to be safe, and to encourage them to report incidents and crimes.
- To build the capacity of our partner organisations (police, voluntary sector, housing, local authority, Crown prosecution service) to provide an inclusive, appropriate service and to deliver justice to disabled and deaf people.
- To act as a model for good practice.